1

Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Saving the bright.

Overwhelmed with school (grading, lessons, research), I feel like fall is slipping through my fingers so quickly. October is soon pushing into November and before you know it—winter and then... (dun, dun, dun) 2013. This is, of course, if the world doesn't end. Funny, I heard more about that at the beginning of the year than now; though, I'm sure December will bring a new wave of media induced fright. In recognition of this supposed apocalypse, I have a long document o poems titled, "End of the World Poem." To a poet, I think, it's always te end of the world, some world, anyhow.

Already I've been reflecting on the year and mapping out some 2013 goals no don't feel I accomplished as much as last year, 2011. I mean, maybe I have. It just doesn't feel as positive. I'm in a whole different place, and upon an unfortunate stumble with my previous journal, I realize there is a girl I don't remember.

Maybe it's too early to begin reflecting, but do you ever feel that way? That you've changed so much that it is almost scary? Bad? Good?

See, if you haven't noticed, I tend to let things overtake me. Fixate on projects or people or places or, hell, sometimes even cereal. I just keep doin' it until I overdo it. I can't be the only one. But somehow I get to a place where it's too much, and maybe I'm slow, but I get it. Then, I have to figure out how to move on. Maybe today, I'll buy Cheerios instead, you know?

And on that note, I think it's time to share a poem, since it's been a while. Something fall-worthy. This guy got published, so I'll link him:

http://arseniclobster.magere.com/archive/issuetwentysix/260401.html

Be well, all. Share with me.
mt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something good...

Follow Me on Pinterest Follow @1flychicken